Doula from Conception through the First Year
- FREE interview/consultation
- Meet with you and your partner at least twice during pregnancy.
- One visit with your care provider if desired
- Find out how your partner wants to be involved and how I can support him/her
- Available 24/7 by phone and/or email
- Continuous emotional, physical, and informational support throughout pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and postpartum up to one year
- Baby information regarding vaccines, breastfeeding, diapering, and baby wearing
- Stay with you at least 2 hours after the birth, until you feel comfortable.
- At least 1 postpartum visit to get feedback and answer any questions
- FREE Baby wrap and other postpartum goodies
Fee: Please contact me about fees for doula services. I operate on a sliding scale and offer bartering and payment plans for clients.
No birthing mother should opt out of a doula due to cost.
Specific tasks of postpartum services change day to day and vary from family to family. These services can include:
- Diapering (including cloth)
- Teaching other family members how to 'Mother the Mother'
Fee: $20-25/hour (based on sliding scale)
Please contact me if funds are an issue
Sometimes (although rarely) breastfeeding isn't possible for a mother or baby. In these circumstances, there are alternatives to processed commercial formula.
Homemade baby formula is a raw milk based formula fortified with many nutrient rich oils and supplements. It is intended to be as close to breast milk as possible from a nutrient perspective. Some parents find much fulfillment in not only the formula itself, but also in the process of preparing the formula for their baby.
For this service, I will bring all necessary ingredients and supplies to your home, preparing the formula in your kitchen and store it in your freezer/refrigerator. Storage containers are available for purchase if needed. If parents choose to make the formula themselves, home classes are available for additional fee.
A 48 hour noticed is required for orders to ensure supplies.
Fees: $20/1 batch $40/3 batches $70/6 batches
First Visit / In-home Tutorial - Additional $40
Antepartum (Pregnancy) and Postpartum Doula Services
Many parents prefer a transition from the hospital or birth center once home once the help of the nurses or midwives is no longer at hand. A warm visit may be all you need to boost your confidence and restore your know-how.
Tuck-In Services include
- Meet you when you arrive home (or directly after the midwife leaves from your homebirth)
- Birth processing (for mama and/or papa)
- Organize help from family/friends
- Answer any breastfeeding or newborn question
- Get you set up for the upcoming night/day on your own.
Tuck-In can also be a brief visit before you turn in for the night. A simple affordable alternative when overnight care isn't quite what you need.
In addition to the typical Tuck-In, a night visit can include:
- A processing of the previous nights at hospital or at home
- Suggestions for a smoother night
- Make sure you have all you need by your side for the night (snack, water, diapers, wipes, etc.)
Fee: $35/hr (first 2 hours, standard postpartum fee for additional hours)